Friday, January 5, 2018

Frozen Friday

The current "feels like" temperature is -6 degrees.  That's actually not as low as had been predicted, however, so schools are opening on a two-hour delay rather than a straight-up closure due to cold temps, like many schools to the north.  So while it's 8:20am right now, we still have two hours before needing to get ready to head to school.

Our surprise closure yesterday was a delight, although the day quickly got sucked into email after email after text after text, plus a bonus phone call, about a PTA-related issue.  In case you're wondering, there's no better way to spend a day than facilitating (unpaid) logistical machinations between about 10 people instead of 1) taking down Christmas decorations as planned; 2) hanging out with the fam; 3) napping/binge-watching shows; 4) oh yeah, doing actual paid work projects that have been assigned.

And obviously one also has to build in time to play with filters and try to take a selfie that represents one's feelings at the end of such a day:  ;-)


While we got caught up in "Winter Suspense, Part 2" last night/early this morning about whether they might change the delay to a a full closure, it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't want a closure-- I need to get these kids out of the house so I can get back to all my work.

HAPPY FRIDAY!  (stay warm!)

1 comment:

akhg said...

hah, that is freaky!! I hope you have a productive (and paid) day today!