Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Final Post (annotated by EMK)

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (or 14 miles according to the google), there was a baby (born 11 days late) named Brooks Shmenton. Brooks was born to Emily Shmenton and Seth Shmenton. Brooks' life was pretty sweet for three years (and STILL IS), until someone by the name of Camille Shmenton came along. (Whatever-- she's the best playmate.) During the childhood of these misfits (accurate), Emily was writing something called the “Blog.” 10 years after, when the beloved blog was dying, Emily trusted her loved ("loving"? "beloved"? both true) son to write the final “blog” (why is that in quotes? 'tis a legit blog!) post. Brooks successfully did this and lived a happy life.  (oh, I hope so!) The End.

There you have it: the final post\story.  (had to insert the colon.  had to.)

Shout out to all of those people who have read the blog for 10 years, we salute you.  (I'm resisting the very strong urge to change that comma to a semi-colon as it should be.  know that I know.)

Being one of the main spotlights on this blog has been really fun. I hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I did. Look back at the past blog posts and tell me what your favorite post has been.  (good luck sorting through almost 2,800 of them!)

Thank you for listening I hope you enjoyed the final post.  (eh, it's kinda devoid of details, but whatevs.)

See you soon😊.  (still thinking about what my next creative endeavor might be.  intrigued by podcasts...but know I don't have the most melodious voice!)

JANUARY 2008: THE FIRST BLOG PHOTO



JANUARY 2018: THE FINAL BLOG PHOTO


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I am a new follower, I'll miss the blog. You could switch to just sharing annotated photos. And not keep yourself tied to schedule--just share as you have something. Less work and stress, but still fun for us followers!

Karen I said...

Well done, Mr. B, well done! Maybe you could pick up where your mama left off? I bet you'd have all sorts of interesting things to talk about.

Michael & Jennifer said...

I am SOOO sad! But thankful for the 10 years of entertainment your blog has brought me. I bet if you traded your phone in for an iPhone X you would be more inspired to take pictures, and thus, continue on blogging. Just a thought...

Linda said...

What a very fitting last post...out with a great story and chuckle!

akhg said...

I am laughing and crying at the same time. Thanks for all the posts!! Truly the end of an era. And the beginning of a new one. As Mother Superior told Maria, "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window!"

I will also say, "I agree with Karen I" once more--The Adventures of Brooks Schmenton!

emk said...

akhg: Look at you, quoting Sound of Music (I think?) to someone who has never seen classic movies! ;-)

Since it's my blog and I can, I'm adding below a comment from JJC that, for some reason, never got posted here even though I got the email notification. Weird! But it made me feel good, as all of these comments have, so there you go:

Oh how i will miss your blog! So many happy, funny (gubbahs comes to mind), ridiculous, heartbreaking, precious memories are captured here on these “pages”. Thank you so much for faithfully letting us capture a glimpse into the Bean Life. Love you. Jilly the Bean

Anonymous said...

I know you don't me ... we have friends in Texas in common and found your blog from their blogs ( which they do not have anymore). I enjoyed stopping by your blog. You have such a way with words and your obviously fun , quirky and adorable personality ( as well as your cutie pie kids ) is a true joy. Thanks for being in the blogeshpere ( is this a word?). You brightened my day on so many occasions. Blessings to your family !!!

Brooks Kenton said...

Hey guys, it's me.

I am currently writing this comment on June 17th, 2023. Over the past few weeks I have been taking the time to read every single post ever drafted on this wonderful blog, and I feel like I have learned a lot about both me and my family throughout. This is being written more than five years after I wrote this post, and when I read this to my mom I would like to say I repeatedly shook my head at my poor grammar.

Anyways, about me. I'm well into my fifteenth year of life, and it has been nothing but enjoyable. I realize how fortunate I am to be blessed with a family who loves me, and a happy life that keeps me smiling every single day. I am essentially shouting into the void here, so I might as well go ahead and confirm the many posts about me being a "cool cat" and a "ladies man" were accurate. I now have a girlfriend, friends who I enjoy spending time with, and I just wrapped up my first year of High School (crazy) which went excellently.

Maybe sometime in the future I will return to this post and leave another comment for nobody to see. Perhaps when I'm 20? Only time will tell. Thank you for making this blog mommy, I love you and will continue to hug you even after the age of 15+. I promise.

Love to all,
Brooks Kenton